Saturday, July 17, 2010

Maiden Voyage...


After endless days of commuting on the traffic ladened freeway to a stale and stuffy office, there is a great urge to backpack into the mountains and build a fire.

I stare at my pictures of the Sierra Nevadas, Joshua Tree, Sedona and other natural wonders that consume my thoughts on a daily basis. I constantly plan backpacking trips in my mind only to be interrupted by a ringing phone or the vexatious ding of another email arriving to my inbox.

Going forward, I will share my adventures, both actual and imaginary, for anyone to see....


If you were curious about the name, cairns (like the one above) are often used to mark trails. There have been many times where a cairn has guided me in the right direction and kept me hiking....just as I hope this blog will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment