Monday, July 19, 2010

Wickiup...

On my most recent trip to the Sierra Nevada's I had my first ever 'harvest moon' hiking experience. We were able to enjoy some of the most amazing parts of Yosemite National Park with zero crowds, no heat and the most beautiful glowing granite I have ever seen.

I found myself incredibly attentive to my surroundings, bordering paranoia, and turning my head to the slightest sounds. As I was traversing a fairly popular trail I found myself using the headlamp to light the trail. Hearing the flow of water I shine the headlamp toward the whisper of the rapids only to find this.....

We opted for the tent, but some poor soul spent quite a long time building a wickiup tipi, a traditional Native American shelter used mostly by Indians in the American Southwest.

Watch a crazy Brit build one here...

No comments:

Post a Comment